Singapore crypto exchange Coinhako and Appetite have announced that they will present Right Click + Save, Singapore’s first large-scale NFT exhibition.
The exhibition will bring together some of the most influential artists and collectors of the digital and crypto art world.
The exhibition features early artistic explorations around cryptocurrencies, from Sarah Meyohas’ Bitchcoin (2015) and Robert Alice’s Portraits of a Mind (2019), to the iconic RarePepe genesis NFT.
Andy Warhol’s Untitled (Flower) (circa 1985; minted 2021), Tyler Hobbs’ Fidenza series, Refik Anadol’s immersive data visualisation, and more, are placed in conversation with each other to trace the innovations of image-making technologies as well as their new identities on-chain.
NFTs have seen explosive growth this year and we can no longer ignore them. The advent of NFTs has opened a new paradigm for the creator economy, and similar to how we created a seamless gateway to digital assets, we now want to do the same for NFTs. As a business, we believe that NFTs have much potential to grow — considering their synergy with crypto, art, music, and esports. They are a new class of digital assets that will revolutionise the world, the way crypto already has.Yusho Liu, Founder and CRO of Coinhako
The show will be open to the public from November 7, 2021 to November 14, 2021 at Fine Art Storage Services in Le Freeport, a high-security storage and display facility in Singapore.
A parallel metaverse exhibition will be curated on Spatial from November 7, 2021 to December 7, 2021. The team will also host several online panels with participating artists, collectors and crypto leaders.
NFTs have brought forth a much-needed wave of digital renaissance for artists, creative coders, and technologists. They have propelled the public to recognise the value of digital art with new importance, prompting crucial shifts in conversations surrounding art and visual culture.
Here are the collectors involved in the exhibition:
- Three Arrows Capital: A hedge fund established in 2012 and focused on providing superior risk adjusted returns, founded by Su Zhu and Kyle Davies.
- Vincent Van Dough: A pseudonymous NFT collector, widely considered among the most influential in crypto art.
- Starry Night Capital: A NFT fund focused on collecting premium digital art founded by Su Zhu, Kyle Davies, and Vincent Van Dough.
- Jehan Chu: A founder and managing partner of Hong Kong-based Kenetic Capital.
- Shaun Djie: Co-founder of Digix, the first digital smart asset company to be built on Ethereum Blockchain Protocol.
- Raghav Sood: is the VP of Strategy at Coinhako.
NFTs’ explosive growth
NFTs have exploded in popularity in the past few months. Its trading volume surged in the third quarter of 2021 to $10.67 billion, a report by analytics platform DappRadar found. That’s a 704% increase from the previous quarter.
Featured Image Credit: Chain Debrief
Also Read: Not Just JPEGs: What Are NFTs Exactly And Why They Are Here To Stay